4 Tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup AP flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini M&M’s & 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar with a mixer – about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- In a separate bowl shift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. If you don’t have a shift, you can always use a whisk.
- Now you’re going to mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture by hand. The dough will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop or a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop dough out and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in the M&M’s and fill in spaces with chocolate chips. You can add just M&M’s to some or just chocolate chips.
- Place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.